Inconsistencies can occur when the linked account is changed to another account, or if the system is interrupted while posting a transaction and one side doesn’t update properly.
If a backup was made prior the inconsistency occurring, restore the backup. Do not replace the current data in case the backup is too old to be viable. Otherwise proceed to the next step.
Click Maintenance, Check Data Integrity. An asterisk (*) in the Integrity Summary window indicates the module in which the problem exists. Write down the amounts and the affected modules.
To correct the inconsistencies, you will need to unlink the associated control accounts for the affected modules and make a correcting entry in the General Journal, adjusting the amount up or down to equate the balance sheet account with the associated subsidiary ledger.
1. Click Setup, System Settings, Linked Accounts. Click the appropriate tab for the affected module. e.g. Payables (Vendors & Purchases), Receivables (Customers & Sales), Payroll Income.
2. Highlight the account (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Prepaid Sales/Deposits, Vacation Payable, Payroll Advances) and press the Delete button on your keyboard. The field should now be blank. Click OK to close the window.
3. Open the General Journal (Miscellaneous Transactions) and post a journal entry to increase or decrease the control account that you have unlinked. The other side of the entry can be the other account affected by the inconsistency, if you can determine it, or otherwise a temporary account such as a miscellaneous expense.
4. Click Setup, System Settings, Linked Accounts. Return to the appropriate section and re-select the linked account that you had previously unlinked in steps 1 and 2.
5. Ensure that the data is now balanced by clicking Maintenance, Check Data Integrity. If the data is OK, create a new backup at this point.
Note: If your Account Reconciliation Files do not match, you will need to reset your bank reconciliation data. Click here for details viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36
Click the link below to send your corrupt or damaged file for data recovery: